- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 17:47
Bobbie Neate is an author and new BFWG member who recently gave an intriguing talk to our Winchester Association about her book “Conspiracy of Secrets”. Here is her blog:
My personal detective story is about a conspiracy that happened one hundred years ago.
To my amazement I discovered that our elderly and married Prime Minister had an illegitimate son with a young girl just before WWI. Further political figures of the early twentieth century and aristocratic families conspired to cover up this birth and colluded with our Liberal Prime Minister H.H. Asquith in the year 1912 to keep this secret. That child was my stepfather.
Both through family trauma and then through mounting interest my journey continued as I set to learn the truth about Asquith's illegitimate son. It was a secret the conspirers had tried to cover up for one hundred years. And they nearly got away with it. It is scary that the secret is still being protected from prying eyes, as no politician or the powerful families involved will break their silence. Historians of that period seem strangely quiet as well.
- BFWG ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AND CONFERENCE
- BFWG Research Presentations Day 2014
- Do you have research to present?
- Women Count - Leaders in Higher Education 2013
- BFWG 2011 Colloquium Report
- National Council of Women - Winners in their young women Speak Out
- International Relations Day 2013
- 2013 Westminster Seminar - House of Lords
- 2013 Banqueting Hall and House of Lords
- Visit to the Banqueting House and afternoon tea at the House of Lords
- 2013 AGM Photo Gallery
- Keynote Speaker National AGM 2013
- BFWG 2013-14 Programme
- European Relations Day
- BFWG Celebrates 100 Years of Giving Scholarships
- BFWG President's letter to David Willets
- 2012 AGM
- Bio-ethics Study Day – Saturday 29 September 2012
- Numeracy counts!