- Last Updated on Friday, 12 October 2012 08:53
The Voice of Women Graduates in England and Wales
The British Federation of Women Graduates (BFWG) is an organization of women with degrees or equivalent qualifications working to
• promote women’s opportunities in education and public life;
• foster local, national and international friendship; and
• improve the lives of women and girls worldwide.
BFWG works through
• its local associations and regions;
• national (BFWG) activities;
• the International Federation of University Women (IFUW); and
• University Women of Europe (UWE).
Founded in 1907 BFWG has been providing Scholarships Funds for women in their final year of study for a PhD since 1912. Its wholly owned subsidiary charity Funds for Women Graduates (FfWG) makes awards to help women graduates while undertaking postgraduate study or research.
BFWG collaborates with other organizations and is a member of the Six-O Group of the largest women’s organizations.
BFWG is the voice of women graduates in England and Wales and communicates its views to Government at the annual Westminster Seminar and also by Members lobbying their MPs after Resolutions are adopted at the National AGM. Through IFUW’s consultative status at the United Nations and through UWE in Council of Europe BFWG also makes its concerns heard in the international and European arenas.