- Last Updated on Friday, 14 February 2014 11:02
23 January 2014
The 2014 IFUW International Fellowships and Grants Competition is now open. These awards are to be used for postgraduate research, study or training to be undertaken within the period 1 January 2015 to 15 March 2016. The application deadline is 30 June 2014. Results will be announced by 1 November 2014.
Eligibility of Applicant and Proposal:
- The Fellowships are for PhD candidates only. Applicants must have completed the first year of their doctoral studies in a university recognised by IFUW by the closing date for applications and must supply evidence to this effect.
- Proposals will be accepted in any disciplinary field.
- Proposals must have demonstrated relevance to IFUW’s mission policy as described on the IFUW website (www.ifuw.org)
- Proposals for all awards require work in a country other than that in which the applicant was educated or habitually resides. The minimum period for Fellowships is eight months; the minimum period for Grants is two months.
- There is a single application form for all the awards available. The selection committee determines the appropriate award for each recipient. IFUW reserves the right to make no award for any category if the Fellowship Committee so recommends.
- Applicants are responsible for arranging that their references be sent direct to IFUW Headquarters in Geneva.
Further detailed information, which should be read before making an application, can be downloaded from the IFUW website. This includes:
- List of Awards available and their conditions.
- Application form
- Candidate instructions
- NFA instructions
- Referee Instructions