Call for Chitra Ghosh 2019 Award Nominees for the GWI 33rd Triennial and Centenary to be held in Geneva, Switzerland 25 – 28 July 2019
15 August 2018
To: NFA Presidents, CIRs and Secretaries
From: GWI Board
Subject: Call for Chitra Ghosh 2019 Award Nominees for the GWI 33rd Triennial and Centenary to be held in Geneva, Switzerland 25 – 28 July 2019
Call for Chitra Ghosh Award Nominees
For an Outstanding GWI Woman Initiator/Developer of an NFA Project
for Entrepreneurial Education
The amount of $1000 USD will be wired via bank transfer to the recipient of the Chitra Ghosh Award after the conclusion of the 33rd Triennial and Centenary Celebration to be held in Geneva 25-28 July 2019.
The criteria set for the Award are:
- The award is seed funding for a suitable project to enhance entrepreneurship education among women/girls with a duration of a minimum of one year.
- The project can also include training services such as nursing, computer education, teacher training etc.
- The recipient must be a member in good standing of any National Federation or Association affiliated with GWI.
- The project must be implemented during the triennium in which it is awarded (i.e. after the General Assembly at which the award is made).
- The project application must indicate:
- A profile of the proposed recipient and her project involvement and motivation as to why she is considered an outstanding GWI woman.
- The timeframe of the project and the country where the candidate is from.
- The target group of women/girls for the project.
- The proposed outcomes for the project and how it will be evaluated.
- A 6-month report must be submitted to GWI regarding the progress of the project and a final report must be submitted within three months after completion of the project, or, for ongoing projects at the end of each year until the next Triennial Conference.
- Photographs of the project and the target group must be submitted to GWI, especially with reports.
- The award will be given to one recipient at each GWI Triennial General Assembly. The funding will be made available by the donor, Chitra Ghosh, once she has been informed that the previous award project has been completed successfully and reported on.
Prof Chitra Ghosh is also of the opinion that if a suitable candidate who fulfils all the criteria has not been found, the award may not be given in that year but kept aside for the next.
GWI Board of Officers